Thursday, February 12, 2015

Thank You for Your Wishes on My Birthday - 11 Feb 2015

I wanted to thank my many friends for thier thoughtful wishes on my birthday.  But I wanted my thank you note to be out-of-the-ordinary. I also wanted them to have a little chuckle.  

So I shared an interesting info-nugget on my birth date.

I was born under the Hindu Nakshatra Uttarashadha.

My Nakshatra’s symbolic tree (that defines the Nakshatra’s connection with eternal nature) is the Jackfruit (फणस) tree.


On a lighter note, here is the "Jackfruit" letter, supposedly written by Okhil Chandra Sen in 1909. It is said that the subsequent investigation into the affair by the British Raj resulted in the introduction of toilets in all trains in the country; something that had been absent since the formation of Indian Railways in 1857

No comments:

Post a Comment